As of 1.01.2017 dokumentnij the library is 1 575 677 copies/558 868 titles.
System funds consists of basic, specialized and depositary, presented through the electronic catalogue and card catalogs.
The book collection of the library is a national cultural property of the country, part of the general cultural heritage, which is guarded by the State. About 20 thousand journals from the holdings of the library to be included in the "State Register of national cultural heritage."
Main library funds consist of publications of various types and kinds (books, periodicals, publications, continuing publications, dissertations and theses, dissertations, etc.), as well as audio-visual materials.
More than 90% of the funds is the literature on medicine and related sciences.
In the funds represented by the edition of 35 languages of the world, more than 25% of which are foreign-language literature.
Rare and valuable editions
In the major funds are outlined a collection of rare and vintage editions on medicine: “Discoridis Pedanii de medica materia”; “Libri sek” (1565 р.), Vesalius A. “Andreae Vesalii Bruxellensis … de humani corporis fabrica, Librorum epitome…” (1582 р.) тощо.
Pride of place in the collection is occupied by labour physicians of the ancient world and Renaissance: Hippocrates, Galen, Avìcenni, Garve; outstanding doctors: m.i. Pirogov, s. p. Botkin, i. i. Mechnikov, i. m. Sechenov, i. p. Pavlova, o., d. k. Zabolotny, v. p. Filatov, n. d. Strazhesko, f.g. Yanovsky, k. Vysokovych, v. Obraztsov, karavayev; outstanding foreign scientists-doctors l. Pasteur, Koch, t. Bìl′rota, and others.
Specialized funds are part of the main Fund, from which they selected them for better organization and more complete satisfaction of inquiries of users.
Industry fund the patent and regulatory production documentation
The Fund, created in 1969, today has more than 240 thousand. storage units. The structure and content of the Fund make it possible at a high qualitative level, to conduct a comprehensive patent-information research in the field of health care.
Utility funds in the reading rooms
In addition to the funds underlying stored in the library there are a number of individual funds, open access in the reading rooms:
- in General reading room (Bldg., no. 9) – the most important socio-political publications (books, newspapers, magazines), domestic and foreign medical periodicals publication for the last 2 years, encyclopedias, directories, etc.
- in New arrivals hall (Bldg., no. 4) open access to all domestic and foreign books medical-biological profile, received the library over the past two weeks
- in Hall reference and informational publications (А Corp., no. 8) collected over 60,000 domestic and foreign reference and bibliographic publications
Depositary NNMBU Fund is an autonomous part of the underlying fund is included in the system of operating funds and operates in close cooperation with them.
Since 1975, the order of the Council of Ministers of the USSR from 29.10.75, no. 830 NNMBU approved industry depository of medical literature.
At present, the amount of storage the depositary of the Fund has more than 300 thousand copies of medical domestic and foreign publications (books, perìo-
Wild) 19-20 century.
Exceptionally important scientific, cultural value have a book collection with your own libraries of famous Ukrainian scientists, donated to the library at different times. At present depositary collection stored 30 such collections. Each collection is selected in the help Library staff, consisting of electronic (Book Collection) and the card directory (alphabetical, personalities).
Rare and valuable editions
A significant part of the depositary of the Fund, which also make up a considerable cultural and scientific value:
- Rare Ukrainian and Russian editions of the 19th century.
Interesting in depositary collection is a rare Ukrainian and Russian editions of the 19th century, printed graždans′kim typeface – the Russian to the year 1830 Edition, and Ukrainian to the year 1860. This book by p. Butkìvs′kogo, i. Buâl′s′kogo, v. Richter, r. Vìrhova, e. k. gordienko, Weller, a. Matvêêva, m. Romberg and others.
These editions were printed by commercial printers in the University of Kharkov and Kiev City print shop in Odessa; in commercial printers of St. Petersburg (Medical Printing House, printing house Print, Smirdìna o. i. Glazunov's compositions, the printing house of Charles Krajâ) and Moscow (the University printing house, printing house Print, Gippìusa f. n. Vsevoložs′kogo, Bureau c. Selìvanovs′kogo).
Theme editions varied – Anatomy, pathology, therapy, obstetrics, an epidemic of cholera in Kiev, etc.
- Labor classics of medicine 19-20 century.
A very valuable part of the collections of the depositary of the Fund – labor classics of medicine 19-20, which include works by the giants of world medical opinion Bernard Claude (1813-1878)-French physiologist, one of the founders of modern Physiology, experimental pathology and Pharmacology; Bìl′rota Theodore (1829-1894) is a famous German surgeon, one of the founders of abdominal surgery, which for the first time has developed a number of classical operations, vihovavšij of many famous scientists and practitioners; Mantegacca Paolo (1831-) is an Italian medical doctor, hygienist, all labor, which have brilliant outlining; Ludwig Traube (1818-1878) – German scientist, Professor of therapy, which began to be widely applied in the Clinic Laboratory experiments; famous Russian medics Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810-1881) – an outstanding surgeon and anatomist, founder of military-field surgery; Botkin Sergey Petrovich (1832-1889) – a classic of Russian medicine, a prominent physician, founder of functional direction in clinical medicine; Pavlov Ivan Petrovich (1849-1936) – the great Russian scientist-physiologist, academician, Nobel Prize winner, founder of the doctrine of the higher nervous activity; Fedorov Sergei Petrovich (1869-1936) – a Russian surgeon, one of the first in Russia introduced endoscopic methods of research; Yudina project leader Tikhon Ivanovich (1879-1849) – a Russian psychiatrist, Zaharin Grigoriy Antonovich (1829-1897) is a prominent Russian physician, founder of the great clinical school.
Among the works of many of the prižittêvih editions that long ago have become rarities.
- The works of the outstanding Ukrainian scientists-doctors
A special place in depositary Fund occupied by the works of the outstanding Ukrainian scientists-doctors:
- Buâl′s′kogo Ilya Vasilevich (1789-1866)-famous Ukrainian anatomist, a brilliant surgeon, academician, one of the founders of the patriotic angìohìrurgìï, POS-topographic anatomy. His original Atlas "Anatomical-surgical tables (1828) got worldwide recognition and is widely used as a textbook in Europe and America. University of Chicago honored author satin gold medal;
- Karavayev, Vladimir Afanasevicha (1811-1892) – a brilliant surgeon, ophthalmologist with a world name, Professor of the Kiev University that its innovative achievements in operational practice, won national recognition;
- Bogomolets Alexander Aleksandrovich (1881-1941) – an outstanding domestic patofìzìologa, academician, organizer of science, President of the Ukraine (1930-1946);
- Janowski Theophilus Gavrilovich (1860-1928) – an outstanding physician, one of the founders of the Ukrainian therapeutic school, founder of the first biological laboratory and prozekturi in the Kyiv city hospital, the first TB sanatorium near Kiev;
- Pidvysotskyy Vladimir Valeryanovych (1857-1913) – the famous pathologist. His guide for physicians "basics of General pathology" was one of the best and has repeatedly been on the seventeen languages, including Greek and Japanese;
- Pučkìvs′kogo Alexander Sciences (1881-1942) is a famous Ukrainian clinician and scientist, the founder of the first national school of otolaringologìv, the first Professor of Otolaryngology Odessa and Kyiv medical institutions, a talented surgeon, author of the first Ukrainian textbook of Otolaryngology and more than 100 scientific papers.
- Pre-revolutionary scientific journals
A large part of rare depositary library is a perennial sets of pre-revolutionary journals. Among them: «Voenno-medicinskij Zhurnal (1823), "Vračebno-sanitarnaâ gubernii Cathedral Chronicle" (1907), district medical journal "Doctor" (1881), "Har′kovskoj Vračebnaâ gubernii Chronicle" (1897); internationally known magazines "Deutsche medizinische wochenschrift" (1877), "the Lancet" (1892), "Jama" (1909) and many others.